Celebrate fall (or any time of year) with one of the quintessential foods of the season: apples! These fried apples à la mode combine butter, salt and cinnamon with optional oat topping for a delicious treat that is also easily adaptable for food preferences. Plus, it tastes like apple crisp but is much faster to make. See below for ingredients and process, as well as food substitution options. Enjoy!
Fried Apples à la Mode
The exact amounts can be flexed up or down based on your crowd or appetite.
- Apples, sliced into 1/4 quarter-inch thick slivers
- Butter or ghee (grassfed is delicious)
- Salt sprinkle (Redmond’s Real Salt is wonderful)
- Rolled oats (optional)
- Slice up the apples and toss them with the butter and cinnamon in a skillet on medium heat. Cover with a lid to steam and soften them.
- Once the apples are cooked to your preference (softness, amount of char), turn off the heat, sprinkle with salt and put them in a serving dish.
- Top with your favorite ice cream or yogurt. If you’re looking for no sugar added, check out So Delicious No Sugar, Rebel or Keto brand ice cream, or plain full-fat Greek yogurt. Sprinkle on dry rolled oats if you wish.
Share this Post