Effective immediately, Dr. Chris LoRang and Dr. Corrin Schreyer are accepting appointments for telehealth visits. Patients can now continue treatments or become new patients from the comfort of home. Book a telehealth appointment now.
FAQs about telehealth appointments:
What is telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of electronic communication to provide health care information and services remotely. Our clinic will be using a secure, HIPAA compliant online platform called Doxy.
Why is Capital Chiropractic doing this?
The COVID-19 pandemic demands that health care providers rethink options for delivering care to reduce risk of further spreading infection and to protect our communities as much as possible. This option allows anyone, including at-risk patients, to receive care.
What would my telehealth appointment look like?
An appointment would include a video chat or a phone call from one or both of the doctors at Capital Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center. Though these appointments will differ from your traditional appointment in our office, we can still take effective steps in pursuit of your best life.
With telehealth, we can provide:
- Health history and virtual examinations
- Answers to health related questions and concerns
- Guidance and dynamic activities and exercises to perform at home
- Support and guidance with lifestyle choices
- Efficient management of pain through dynamic movements, stretches, and self treatment
- Education on perspectives and psycho-social concepts of pain management
- Lifestyle Medicine and Wahls Protocol Consultation
- Recommendations for making further gains in health while potentially working from home
- Ergonomic assessment of an at-home workstation
With telehealth, we cannot provide:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Hands on manual therapy
- Acupuncture/dry needling
Will my insurance cover this?
In most cases, yes. In these unprecedented times, many insurance companies are waiving cost-sharing and providing access to telehealth care at no cost to the patient. However, you must confirm with your own policy that these services are covered. Please use our Insurance Questionnaire to help guide you through that process.
Can I still come into the clinic for an in-person appointment?
As of now, Capital Chiropractic & Rehabilitation remains open for in-office visits. However, we are reducing in-office hours at the clinic to reduce exposure for staff and patients. Anyone is still welcome to make an in-person appointment unless any of the following are true:
- You have traveled for spring break.
- You have a fever.
- You have signs/symptoms of being sick including:
- Respiratory complaints
- Sore throat
- Intestinal issues
- You have traveled to high risk area, out of the country, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- You are in an at-risk category, such as having a chronic disease or are 65 years or older.
- You have been asked to self-quarantine by your employer, governmental official, or IDPH/CDC/WHO guidelines.
If you have any of the above, please call to cancel your in-person appointment and request a telehealth visit instead.
Lastly, your health and the health of our community is of the greatest importance: If you believe your appointments are non-essential, we ask that you consider telehealth options at this time.
Share this Post