For Clinicians and Exercise Professionals
Clincians (PT/DO/DC/NP/MD) and Exercise Professionals (ATCs/Yogi Instructors/Crossfit Coaches/Pilates Instructors)
I am very excited to host Dr. Brett Winchester for the Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization Exercise Course: Part I. I am bringing this course here particularly because it is open to both clinicians and exercise professionals (yoga instructors, coaches, ATCs, etc). Dr. Winchester has been a mentor of mine for years and I’ve attended about dozen courses with him. I am consistently impressed with his clinical knowledge and teaching ability. If you are at all involved in physical medicine, rehabilitation, or any sort of movement therapy and exercise, you won’t regret taking this course.
DNS Exercise Course: Part 1
Dr. Brett Winchester
Capital Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center – Des Moines, IA
Course Dates and Times
April 14-15, 2018
Saturday April 14th from 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday April 15th from 8:00am – 3:00pm
$575 Before February 15th
$675 Before April 14th
$775 Day of Event
Tickets and Registration to the event is here.
*Please note that this price does not include the mandatory fee from Prague School Registration fee for 80 Euros, payable here.
PART I: 2 Day Course
•Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of developmental kinesiology.
•Describe the relationship between development during the first year of life and dysfunction of the locomotor system in adulthood.
•Discuss and demonstrate the basis of human movement: support, stepping forward, the biomechanics of motor function, the verticalization process & functional joint centration in postural development.
•Evaluate and correct poor respiratory patterns.
•Assess the integrated stabilizing system of the spine both visually and utilizing dynamic functional tests.
•Integrate corrective exercises based on the DNS functional tests and developmental positions in supine, prone, low kneeling, oblique sit, and quadruped global movements.
•Demonstrate how DNS corrective exercises can be integrated with other exercise strategies.
Brett Winchester, DC
When not practicing at Winchester Spine & Sport, Dr. Brett Winchester teaches around the globe. In 2013, Dr. Winchester lectured in six countries conducting 30 seminars for doctors, students and therapists. Dr. Winchester received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Logan College of Chiropractic.
Dr. Winchester currently teaches for Logan University and its College of Chiropractic, the Motion Palpation Institute, Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization, and The Chiropractic Rehabilitation Diplomate, to name a few. Dr. Winchester’s studies and lectures have taken him to England, Prague, Chile, Sweden, Norway, Canada and across the United States to teach the latest manual therapy research and techniques.
In his free time, Dr. Winchester enjoys spending time with his family, including wife Cheri Thornhill Winchester, a longtime resident of Lincoln County, and his children Grace and Wade. His hobbies include cycling, snow and water skiing, soccer, tennis and reading.
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Winchester indicated he has no financial relationships to disclose.
Tickets and Registration to the event is here.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 12.75 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Rheumatology Association of Iowa. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 12.75 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- DC/PT/Other: This live activity is designated for 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 12.75 AOA Category 2A
- 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 12.75 IBON
- 12.75 CE Contact Hours
|Saturday, April 14|
|9:15 am||Lecture and Workshop|
|11:30 am||Lecture and Workshop|
|2 pm||Lecture and Workshop|
|4:30 pm||Question and Answer Session|
|Sunday, April 15|
|8:15 am||Lecture and Workshop|
|10:30 am||Lecture and Workshop|
|1:15 pm||Lecture and Workshop|
|2:45 pm||Question and Answer Session|
Share this Post