Chiropractic care is not just for back pain.
And it isn’t just about “cracking” backs.
Evidence-based chiropractors bring a depth of knowledge and skill to help with a wide range of ailments and at much less cost and disruption than other treatments, like surgery.
“After all, chiropractors—health care professionals who specialize in musculoskeletal system and nervous system disorders—heal everything from soft tissue running injuries and joint pain to headaches,” says Dr. William Lauretti in a recent Health and Fitness article. “Their work is non-invasive, far cheaper than surgery, and comes with little to no downtime.” This is certainly true at Capital Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Center.
Chiropractic Specialties at Capital Chiropractic
Dr. LoRang is certified in the following techniques:
- Chiropractic acupuncture and dry needling
- Graston technique: Dr. LoRang is the only certified Graston Technique Provider in the City of Des Moines and one of only a handful in the Greater Metro Area. Graston is an instrument-assisted soft tissue technique that is widely accepted and utilized by professional sports teams and college athletic departments around the country.
- Active Release Technique (ART): Dr. LoRang is the only Full Body Certified Active Release Technique Provider in the City of Des Moines and one of only a handful within the Greater Metro Area. Active Release Technique is an advanced form of soft tissue mobilization.
- McKenzie Method: Dr. LoRang has completed courses A, B, C, D, and E in the McKenzie Method and is currently studying for the examinations for full certification in the technique.
- Webster Technique: Dr. Chris LoRang is certified in the Webster Technique. This is a specific chiropractic analysis and diversified adjustment for pregnant mothers. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of SI joint dysfunction.
- Wahls Protocol Health Professional: Dr. LoRang became one of the first certified Wahls Protocol providers in 2016.
- Injury Prevention Specialist: Dr. LoRang is certified in the Backsafe®, Sittingsafe®, and Bionomics™ ergonomics assessments and services for corporate wellness programming.
So when should I see a chiropractor?
Great question. Come see us if you:
- Have pain, headaches, migraines, or difficulty moving.
- Suffered a recent injury.
- Are recovering from a procedure or surgery and need rehabilitation.
- Have had chronic pain in a foot, hip, elbow, shoulder, leg, hand or elsewhere.
- Are interested in non-pharmacological, non-invasive relief.
- Want a second opinion about your musculoskeletal pain, neurological questions, or motor pattern development.
Dr. LoRang has established a reputation for excellent communication with patients to make a plan for their care. The clinic is honored to have a 5-star rating on Facebook and Google, as well as multi-year ranking of Best Chiropractor in Des Moines. That is partly because a custom care experience is our gold standard. Opting for a conservative approach, Dr. LoRang does not use a one-size-fits all treatment plan. Instead, the number of visits you have is backed by clinical expertise as well as your interests and goals.
As one patient recently said, “Hands down my favorite chiropractic experience. Chris is no gimmicks, all improved health. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. I highly recommend them to all of my family/friends.”
I need an appointment!
Share this Post