As the temperatures are peaking and the humidity is closing in, you can cool down easily with this tasty frozen treat. Dr. LoRang has experimented with this recipe for months and finally landed on a winner. Both kids and adults have taste-tested this concoction and everyone gives two thumbs way up. Introducing, the Chocolate Cherry Mango Fudgsicle!
Clean Ingredients, So No Sweat
Is there anything better than fruit and chocolate on a hot day? This dreamy dessert includes clean ingredients like chocolate beef broth powder, collagen, coconut cream and frozen fruit. The result is a thick, rich, creamy texture and flavor that you’d never guess wasn’t full of sugar.
Really Delicious Chocolate Protein Powder
Dr. LoRang’s family has tested numerous chocolate protein powders, only to discover that many are either too sweet (which sometimes happens with stevia or erythritol) or just a little “off” in flavor. However, he finally found a winner. It’s called Paleo Protein from Dynamic in chocolate flavor. This protein powder in this recipe can be purchased directly from our Nutridyn supplement platform. Order from us and get 10% off. Here’s the link. The Vital Proteins Collagen Powder can also be purchased from our Fullscript supplement platform for 10% off. Here’s the link for that.
“Ice Cream” Popsicle Molds
Another fun discovery we made while crafting this recipe are ice cream popsicle molds that look like ice cream cones. As a Paleo/Keto family, Dr. LoRang’s household is always on the lookout for frozen treats (like ice cream and popsicles) that don’t have added sugar or gluten (or artificial dyes or corn syrup). Not many exist! So finding these ice cream popsicle molds creates a fun experience of holding an ice cream “cone” with a paleo topping. We found them on Amazon.
Recipe for Chocolate Cherry Mango Fudgsicles
- 2 cans chocolate coconut cream (we used Savoy brand)
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder (we used Dynamic Chocolate Protein Powder–purchase here)
- 3 rounded T collagen powder (we used Vital Proteins–purchase here)
- 2 C frozen mango chunks
- 1 C frozen dark sweet cherries (Note: you can swap fruit based on what you have or your preferences. Other great options include banana, blueberry and strawberry.)
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until uniform in texture.
- Pour into popsicle mold of choice and put in freezer for 4-6 hours.
Share this Post