As fall sets in, it’s more important than ever to nourish yourself with whole foods. For a quick, easy, and delicious whole-food dessert, snack, or side dish, try making your own applesauce. With just three ingredients, it’s one of the simplest things to make. Even better to share when it’s still warm from the stovetop. Plus, you can sidestep any additives like sugar, honey, salt, or preservatives. Just pure applesauce. Recipe below!
🍎 Homemade Applesauce Recipe 🍏
- 12-15 apples, any variety, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 C water
- 3 T lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients into a heavy pot, cover, and bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Simmer until apples and peels are mushy.
- Turn off the stove and blend until smooth using a handheld blender, high speed blender, or food processor. Add more water to thin to desired consistency.
- Serve as-is or top with pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Tastes great hot or cold. Store extra in the fridge for up to a week.
Share this Post