When the weather chills, it’s a perfect time to get out the soup pot and fill it with something delicious. That is what Dr. LoRang set out to do with this recipe. It can be made all in one pot. Plus, it is great to share with friends for a hearty meal or freeze to enjoy later.
Dr. LoRang’s Paleo Peasant Sweet Chicken Stew
- 3 medium onions, chopped⠀
- 3-4 T coconut oil⠀
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste⠀
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed⠀
- 1 can coconut cream (Savoy brand)⠀
- 4 sweet potatoes, roughly chopped⠀
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped⠀
- 4 celery stalks, roughly chopped⠀
- Kale or dark greens, chopped (as many as you want) ⠀
- Beef, veggie, or chicken broth ⠀
- Pick your own spices: garam masala, cayenne, turmeric, cumin, chipotle, chana masala, butter chicken masala, curry, five spice⠀
- Heat coconut oil in a large Dutch oven or stock pot, add onions, sauté. If using garlic, add and sauté until translucent.
- Then add chicken with salt and spices (to taste). Sauté chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, and greens, then stir and cook for a few minutes to mix it all up.
- Add can of coconut cream and enough water and stock to cover the vegetables plus an inch. Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are cooked.
- Serve immediately or pack into jars for lunches all week. Also freezes great. Enjoy!⠀
Share this Post